Is your SD card is inaccessible?
SD card becomes RAW when its file system gets corrupted or damaged. As a result of which computer fails to recognize SD card when connected. Hence, it is not possible to perform read and write operation on RAW SD card due to which you will lose all the data stored on that card. When the SD card turns RAW, you might encounter following situations
- Card shows 0 bytes – Even though SD card doesn’t contains any files, it shows free memory space as 0 bytes .This occurs due to corrupted file system that makes the SD card as RAW.
- Error Messages – You might get an error message like “You need to format the drive before you can use it. Do you want to format it now” when you try to access an SD card. This error indicates RAW SD card. Some other possible errors that you might encounter are – “Memory card error”, “Read / Write error.”, “Card cannot be initialized.”, “Memory card cannot be detected.” etc.
There are many reasons due to which your SD card turns in to RAW. Some of them are mentioned below:
Improper Ejection- When you connect SD card to any storage devices to transfer data, In case, if you eject the SD card abruptly during transfer process, then that may corrupt your SD card file system due to which it may turn to RAW.
Changing File System– If you frequently change the file system of your SD card or use inappropriate software to convert file system of your SD card, then that may cause any logical damage to SD cards. This logical damage can turn your SD card into raw and tends you to format them.
Other Reasons– Using same SD card on different devices, improper handling of SD card, etc. are some other reasons for a RAW SD card.
By following some simple tips you can avoid SD card corruption due to which it turns to RAW:
- Don’t use inappropriate tool to perform the reformat operation on your SD card
- Don’t change SD card file system frequently
- Always disconnect SD card from a computer or other devices using Safely Remove Hardware option
- Do not remove the SD card while performing read or write operation
- Do not use the same SD card on different devices
Even after following safety measures, if you fail to rescue your data stored on SD card, then you can use recovery software to restore data from the RAW SD card. Remo Recover is one such tool, which you can use for RAW SD card recovery.
RAW SD card recovery using Remo Recover:
Remo Recover software is embedded with advanced scanning algorithms that helps to locate and restore data from the RAW SD card. You can recover various kinds of data from the RAW SD card including media files. The tool recovers data from different kinds of SD card such as SDHC card, SDXC card, MiniSD card, MicroSD card, etc. By using this utility, one can restore data from corrupted and inaccessible SD card.
This tool supports recovery of data from various kinds of file system such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT, HFS+ and HFSX. Apart from SD card, it also regains data stored on USB flash drives, external hard drives, iPod and many more. Along with that, it also possible to recover data from formatted SD card by using this utility.
Other features of Remo Recover application:
- This tool helps you to sort recovered data on the basis of creation date, size and type.
- It comes with “Find” option, which helps to identify or locate the desired file from a large list of recovered data
- You can resume the recover process by saving scanned information using “Save Recovery Session” option and thus avoid rescanning of the entire drive
- “Preview” option of this tool allows you to view the recovered data before saving them into any desired location
- This tool provides “File Type View” option to view recovered files on the basis of file extension and “Data View” option used to view files and folders in hierarchical form